Gaming: Tomb Raider feat. Lara Croft
I assume that nearly everyone has a game in mind he connects with his childhood and good memories. When I play this game I think back to a lot of awesome hours with my best childhood friend. We sat in front of the computer and tried to figure out the right tactic and the correct way out of the level. As it wasn't designed for multiplayers, we had to take turns at gaming. As a result we often shouted at each other - but we almost spent the same amount of time laughing about our mistakes or achievements.
The first game I actually remember (apart from learning games for children etc.) is Tomb Raider. My father gave it to me, although I was way too young to play it. I was so nervous when I started the game and the first wolves attacked Lara. I got cold hands and tried to shoot them down. I remember the exciting feeling and the fear crawling through my veins.
Tomb Raider will always be special to me. A few days ago I decided to look for the old games and gave them a try again. Guess what? The same feelings came up and I realized that I miss my childhood friend from time to time.
I decided to give the new game concept a try as well and purchased Tomb Raider by Square Enix (released in 2013). It's not a remake it's a completey new story... The game features a younger Lara at the age of 21, who wants to explore an island called Yamatai with an expedition team of a few people. A severe storm takes place and the ship runs ashore on an unknown island. Lara has been seperated from her group and kidnapped by some native inhabitants who seem to be cannibalistic. The story continues and over the course of time it's uncertain who can be trusted and who might be scheming.
The game design fascinated me. The new appearance of Lara is more natural and realistic. The environment is incredible beautiful and includes a lot of details. If you are totally catched by the game you will be able to identifiy yourself completey with the story.
To put it in a nutshell the game is awesome and definitely worth a try.
The first game I actually remember (apart from learning games for children etc.) is Tomb Raider. My father gave it to me, although I was way too young to play it. I was so nervous when I started the game and the first wolves attacked Lara. I got cold hands and tried to shoot them down. I remember the exciting feeling and the fear crawling through my veins.
Tomb Raider will always be special to me. A few days ago I decided to look for the old games and gave them a try again. Guess what? The same feelings came up and I realized that I miss my childhood friend from time to time.
I decided to give the new game concept a try as well and purchased Tomb Raider by Square Enix (released in 2013). It's not a remake it's a completey new story... The game features a younger Lara at the age of 21, who wants to explore an island called Yamatai with an expedition team of a few people. A severe storm takes place and the ship runs ashore on an unknown island. Lara has been seperated from her group and kidnapped by some native inhabitants who seem to be cannibalistic. The story continues and over the course of time it's uncertain who can be trusted and who might be scheming.
The game design fascinated me. The new appearance of Lara is more natural and realistic. The environment is incredible beautiful and includes a lot of details. If you are totally catched by the game you will be able to identifiy yourself completey with the story.
To put it in a nutshell the game is awesome and definitely worth a try.



Comments
Post a Comment